Wednesday, April 29, 2009

FINALLY!!!

OK so I have been a real big slacker. I have not posted in quite some time. In the last four months we have moved, I lost my job, and Dexter is now sleeping in our room not in his kennel... Which we (Josh) thought would never happen. We choose to let our house in queen creek go back to the bank as of January. We are lucky enough that my parents still had Oma and Opa's house and we are renting that from them for the time being. Sometimes it is hard for me to live here because it is my OPA'S house. We have been here a little over 3 months and even though we painted and everything inside is ours I still feel like he is going to walk out of our room and sit down and talk to me. We moved in here on the 24th of January and i was let go from my job on the 26th... It really was a blessing in disguise. It was extremely hard since we lost our health insurance and something we could count on every month. With josh working for himself it is not consistent most of the time. I did start working again in February shipping out product for a company out of a warehouse. I was doing that part time and it is about to become full time! I am looking forward to that!!!

March 24th Marked our 3 years. I can not believe it has been that long. Where has time gone? Although sometimes i think oh only three years? It has been amazing we have enjoyed the time we have been able to spend together. We spent a night in Scottsdale in one of the nicer resorts. It was nice to get out for a night and not have to spend tons of money! For our anniversary I got a sapphire and diamond necklace and Josh got a new flat screen T.V.

If you remember from a previous post we tried to let dex stay out of his kennel one night and that did not work so well... But josh did a job for a guy who has trained seeing eye dogs his whole life and has trained like 100 dogs since he was a kid. They got to talking about how I wanted to let him stay out and josh thought it would never happen because of the last incident. The man told him to try again but let him sleep in your room on his own bed. He said they need companionship, So... we tried it even though we still tied his leash around the nightstand. He did so good. He sleeps all night long until about 6ish and he is ready to get up. The last two weeks we tried it without is leash and he stays on his bed all night until about 5ish he ready to get up. we are slowly working on him to sleep until we are ready to get up!!! I don't think it will happen! We have also added the shock collar to Dex. We are working on that type of training rather the jerking his neck off with a choke chain. It has really seemed to help. There is a tone noise that is made first and if they don't respond then comes the shock... He does not like that But he is getting better.

Well that's it for now...

3 comments:

Bowlby Family Organazation said...

Yeah!! It is so nice to see you posting again. I am glad to hear that things are looking up for you! Love you!

Alaina said...

I'm happy to see an update cuz! I hope things continue to get better for you guys.

Marisa and Rob said...

Hooray for an update!!!! :) I'm glad that everything is working out for you guys! :) We sure do love you guys and we need to get together more often!! :)