So.... let me tell you how bad of a mom I am! I totally forgot to get and give Dexter his heart pill. He is supposed to have it the beginning of every month, and I had not given him one since September. Since it had been about two months we had to do a test to make sure he had not gotten a heart worm. They had to take blood and he jerked his arm away right as she got the needle in the first time, she got some blood but it was not enough. she came out 10 minutes later and said we have to do it again the test errored out. So once again we had to hold him down to get another sample of blood. It worked and he did not have a worm... I was extremely grateful for that. We had to bandage up his leg to stop the bleeding. He walked all crazy on his leg like it was broken or something. It was quite funny to watch. Dexter will not look at the camera for anything It is a chore trying to get him to look at me with a camera in my hand.


This is the pill. When we weighted him he weighted exactly 51 pounds... Wow has he grown. When we got him in March he weighted 15 pounds. But the nurse lady gave me this awesome timer so I don't forget to give him the pill every 30 days. It is the red house you see in the picture below. It goes off every 30 days at the exact time you gave it to him. It is an awesome idea I am glad we were able to go and he had not gotten a worm. Also I am so glad that the vets office stays open late one night a week and it happened to be Wednesday the day I remembered about the pill.
2 comments:
seriously...you haven't posted since november 19th??!! slacker! Let's see some pics of the new place or something!!
Yikes! We miss you guys... How are things going?
Post a Comment