Thursday, August 21, 2008

Work

WOW...Am I grateful to have a job after a day like today. I have never been at a job where they have had to down size. But today they laid off 15 to 20% of our company. I obviously was not affected, but some people pretty close to me were part of the down size. Today was a pretty hard day when we started to notice what was going on... it was very scary. As you all know Josh was laid off in January and has been doing his own stuff since then. So I was pretty worried I was next. It is extremely easy to take advantage of your job and I have been doing so for the last little while. It is sad that it takes something like this to kick my butt in gear. I know that I have to prove myself more then ever now to make sure that I keep my position. The higher ups had a meeting with us to boost us up to realize that they made a decision for the better of the company. They did reassure us the down size was done but I better keep my head in the game anyway. Wish me luck!!!!!

4 comments:

Alaina said...

Congrats on keeping the job!! We have decided to make our blog private for safety reasons having the kids pictures all over it and stuff. Anyway, send me an email so that I can invite you to view it. Thanks!
alaina0117@hotmail.com

Kelsey Danielle said...

I'm so glad that you got to keep your job!!

Carolyn said...

I'm so glad you "made the cut" so to speak. We miss seeing you guys and hanging out - Schane keeps talking about making a trip back to Arizona one of these days, but I think it will be another year or so at least. I love reading what you're up to and looking at your pics!

We changed our address to carolynandschane.blogspot.com - sorry about the inconvenience =).

Kelsea said...

hey danielle, its kelsea

:)
love the blog